I finished my pink afghan. I'm really glad I'm done, but it didn't turn out like I expected.
The afghan was supposed to be 49" wide, 60" long. Instead, mine measures 68" wide, 42" long. The overall measurement is close, but the width and length are reversed. I also used a bit more yarn that was called for. The pattern called for 31 oz.. Even though my yarn was labelled 34 oz., I ran out with 1/2 bind off row to do. Instead of ripping out a row and a half, I finished it up the last half of the bind off row in a darker pink. I really just wanted to be done and I don't really care if it's not perfect.
I guess it could have been a tension thing, but I didn't check my gauge, so I'll never know.
Anyway, it's done. Here are the photos:
I hid the bind off edge that was finished with a darker pink.
I also worked on setting up/sorting out my craft area...putting more stuff away and sorting out the yarn. I actually got quite a bit done, but not as much as I'd hoped. I'll probably do a bit more before posting any photos. There are some issues now with having all of my stuff in the basement, but I won't go into those now. Perhaps at a later time.
I also reviewed three craft books this past week and did a craft or two from each one:
Craft Techniques and Projects
This Book Made Me Do It
Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts.