Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Needlework Tuesday - Pink Afghan Done.

I finished my pink afghan. I'm really glad I'm done, but it didn't turn out like I expected.

The afghan was supposed to be 49" wide, 60" long. Instead, mine measures 68" wide, 42" long. The overall measurement is close, but the width and length are reversed. I also used a bit more yarn that was called for. The pattern called for 31 oz..  Even though my yarn was labelled 34 oz.,  I ran out with 1/2 bind off row to do. Instead of ripping out a row and a half, I finished it up the last half of the bind off row in a darker pink. I really just wanted to be done and I don't really care if it's not perfect.

I guess it could have been a tension thing, but I didn't check my gauge, so I'll never know.

Anyway, it's done. Here are the photos:
Pink Afghan
I hid the bind off edge that was finished with a darker pink.

Pink Afghan - Detail
Close up.

I also worked on setting up/sorting out my craft area...putting more stuff away and sorting out the yarn. I actually got quite a bit done, but not as much as I'd hoped. I'll probably do a bit more before posting any photos.   There are some issues now with having all of my stuff in the basement, but I won't go into those now.   Perhaps at a later time. 

I also reviewed three craft books this past week and did a craft or two from each one:
Craft Techniques and Projects
Beaded Jewelry
This Book Made Me Do It

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts

2 comments:

  1. Your work is beautiful and love the bright color. Every project has to have that little imperfection that proves it's handmade - so don't worry about the different color. :) I still have learning to knit and crochet on my "to do" list. You keep inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have found somebody else who fudged when she ran out of yarn. I had to do it on a small shawl, where it is rather visible. Still, I've only received compliments. Your afghan is lovely, you certainly put a lot of work into it. Congrats on a finish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!