Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Needlework Tuesday - The mystery continues...

Needlework Tuesday is an occasional post detailing my needlework and/or crafting projects.

A few weeks back I wrote about a mystery Knit-A-Long (KAL) for Joji Mystery Wrap. I've been diligently working away at it and have completed Clue 3. Instead of following the designer's suggestions on colour selection I went my own way and picked all variegated sock yarns that more or less had some common elements. Some days I regret that decision and have been waffling on how much I like this piece so far.  The design is great, though.  The jury is still out on my version of it. Anyway, here's a part of what I have done:


If nothing else, it's going to be colorful. You can't see it here, but there's one lace section, a few rows of eyelets, and some interesting twisted ribbing.  I'm hoping those will show more once it's blocked. There's only two more clues to go and I can't wait to see the finished piece.

Another piece I've been working on is the summer top from Shibui called Interval. All I needed to do was set in the sleeves, seam the sides, and weave in all the ends. These are not skills I've mastered and it took a long time to get them to an acceptable state. It's done now. Here it is:




My favorite parts are the front and side seam detail.  They are in stocking stitch, while the majority of the top is in reverse stocking stitch.   I'm definitely going to make another top from Shibui Knits.

Two projects that I'd been working on didn't go so well. The beige throw from Mary Maxim got frogged (ripped out) as did the summer top, Banaue Breeze, from Stephen West. For the first one, I missed a yo in each repeat of the pattern, which threw off the stitch count. It was easier to rip out the whole thing and start again. As for the summer top, it's supposed to be a loose fitting garment and I decided to make the small size. However, because I was using yarn that was slightly lighter than the designer called for, the piece was going to end up too small.  I've yet to restart either of these, but they are next on my list.

This week I'm going to be continuing with the KAL. 

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts.    If you'd done any crafting this week that you'd like to share with others, please head over to Heather's blog and use the Mr. Linky to link up your post, so others can enjoy your creations.  

1 comment:

  1. i love your summer top. The rounded neck gives the impression of a v-neck with the stitching details. very nice.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!