Monday, July 21, 2014

Where's Daisy?

If you don't follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook, you may be wondering where I've disappeared to yet again. Well, this time I've had a good reason. The whole province of Manitoba (Canada) in under a state of emergency for flooding. It's been going on for the last couple of weeks and we were directly and negatively affected. Our house has been protected by a sandbag dike and remains dry, reasonably anyway. Parts of our yard, though, are underwater. Luckily, the driveway, while partially underwater, is passable by both foot and vehicle. No boots or hip waders required.

We went through this back in 2011 and we were warned that this time could be worse in terms of water levels. We were prepared as we could be for it, but thankfully that didn't happen. The water levels were near those of 2011, not worse.  Regardless, it was extremely stressful. The last few weeks have been filled with anxiety, tears, and sleepless nights...along with lots of work to get things ready before the water came up. The work continues and so does the stress. There has been a small drop in water levels in the last few days, but it'll probably be a few more weeks before the drop is significant and even longer before the water is totally gone. Needless to say, reading/reviewing has taken a backseat as my concentration level and attention span are near nil these days. Yesterday was the first time I picked up or even looked at a book in weeks.

My apologies to those who are waiting for reviews. I'm slowly getting back into reading and I hope to resume reviewing as soon as I can.  

Thanks for understanding. 
Marie 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear! This must be so stressful! I hope by now the situation has improved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!