Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - The Visual Dictionary by Pablo Hidalgo

Happy Star Wars Day!  May the 4th be with you.











Star Wars: The Force Awakens - The Visual Dictionary features characters, weapons, tools, and locations from the movie.

This is such an awesome book. As with other DK visual dictionaries, it's so beautifully presented. The book concentrates on the main characters (or groups of characters) and major locations. Each one is featured on a 2- or sometimes 4-page spread with tons of labelled/annotated photos and interesting and informative text . Many of the photos are large enough to really see the fine details.

Within the character and location pages, there's also information and photos of the tools, weapons and a few of the vessels from the movie. It's great that each of these is also labelled and/or explained further.

My favourite character photos are the dynamic ones. That is, the ones where they are doing something. For example: Kylo Ren's fighting pose with his plasma blade ligthsaber, and Rey with her quarterstaff in a defensive position. Both of these are so cool. Of course, sometimes it's just easier to see the details when the person is just standing there, so it's great that there's also plenty of those types of photos as well.

This book has so much information that each time I pick it up I see something I missed the first time I looked at it. I especially love that the photos with labels start on page one and continue right until the very last page.

It's fun to page through the book, but for those looking for something specific the book also has a table of contents as well as an adequate index.

By the way, I saw the movie and loved it.

Highly recommended for Star Wars fans.

For more Star Wars books from DK and for a downloadable activity kit, please see DK's website.

For more information about this book and/or a quick peek inside, please visit Amazon's website.

I'd like to thank Chris at DK Canada for this review copy.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - The Visual Dictionary by Pablo Hidalgo, Dorling Kindersley (DK), ©2015. ISBN 9781465438164(Hardcover), 80p.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!