Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wreck This Journal - The Guts - Part II

I didn't get that much done on the journal this week. Too much painting and running into the big city for supplies and stuff.

Here's a few pages I managed to work on:








Create a Nonstop line: I admit I was inspired by a page I saw on the Flickr group for this one. It's going to take some time to finish it up. I have an idea on how to make it go a little faster.















Make a Paper Chain: I was dismayed to find out that this page was on the back side of one of the fruit sticker pages. I couldn't possibly cut it up. So I decided to color the page (I'm working on that) and use some coloured paper and to make the chain. Next I'll figure out how I'm going to close the book once the chain is in place.















Tear this Page Out, Put it in Your Pocket, Put it Through the Wash, Stick it Back in: This was rather fun. I'm surprised that the page survived at all. I'm also surprised that the page shrunk (or it that shrank?). Anyway, it's a little smaller. I was pretty careful in folding the page and shoving it as deeply as I could into the change pocket of a pair of jeans. I figured that would give it the greatest chance of survival. When it was dry, I wrote in the particulars of the event and added some colour to the page. The picture here shows the page before it was inserted back into the book.



















I did a little on the sewing page and collecting stamps page, but not enough to warrant photos.

Links to other updates: The Beginning, Part I.

Update: Check out Cindy's progress over at Cindy's Love of Books.

See you next Sunday for another update.

5 comments:

  1. Great job this week. I am late putting up mine. It was a busy weekend so hoping to get that up today and I will link back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun to watch! I have become a follower so I can see what you do to the book next! I'm thinking I may need to get one of these books! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beth!

    If you do decide to buy this book, let us know. We'd love to see your work.

    By the way, Keri Smith has a few different books. Next time you're in a bookstore check them out. They are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my daughter has started playing with her copy of this book. She has poked holes in a page, thrown it around the room and tried to stick it with her fencing sword which doesn't have a sharp point. Lots of fun. Thanks so much for introducing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather,
    Awesome! I loved the line "started playing with her copy of this book". That's it exactly. I hope she has many more fun adventures with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!