Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Winter, renovations, photos...Oh, My!

Now that winter has invaded Manitoba (+6C yesterday; -28C "feels like" today), I'm planning on having a case of winter blues very shortly. All I want to do is put on some winter weight (eat, eat, eat) and hibernate. It didn't take much because I was already feeling kind of blah after the holidays.

Our home renovations (gutting and redoing two bathrooms) are on a little bit of a hold while our contractor deals with some personal issues and catches up on some outstanding jobs. The little delay will give some of the back-ordered plumbing parts time to get here. However, I just want it done already. Last January we were planning these changes, only to get postponed because of the flood. How much longer can this go on?

On the blogging front, I've made the decision to move my photography stuff to another blog, Daisy's Photography. Well, not really move. It's more of a from-now-on kind of thing. That includes: Wordless Wednesday, Photo Friday, Snapshot Saturday as well as my 365 Project. It'll mean that I'll have fewer posts here, but at least they will all be book related. It's sort of spur of the moment and I'm not really sure about it, but there's enough of it now to warrant its own space. If it doesn't work out, I can always make some more changes.

As for book reviews on this blog, I haven't posted one in awhile. I've been reading a lot, but I haven't felt like writing lately. I'm slowly starting to get into the swing of things again and should have some reviews done by early next week. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!