Thursday, January 3, 2013

Daisy's Best of 2012

I love looking back at the books I've read in a particular year in order to make my "Best of" list. Sometimes I forget about the books I read earlier in the year. It's a nice surprise when I come across the review and remember how much I enjoyed it. This year was no exception.
 
I didn't make any categories this year and basically lumped them all together. Please note that these are books I read in 2012 and not necessarily published that year.

In no particular order, here's Daisy's Best of 2012:
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand
The Complete Classical Music Guide by DK Publishing
The Unseen by Katherine Webb
Let the Devil Sleep by John Verdon
Crime Scene Detective by Carey Scott
Love Anthony by Lisa Genova
The Virgin Cure by Ami McKay (technically I read this in 2011, but since I didn't get around to writing my review until 2012 it got missed on the "Best of" list for 2011. )
The Legacy by Katherine Webb
Bad Moon by Todd Ritter
Optical Illusions by DK Publishing
The Book of Lost Fragrances by M.J. Rose
The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey
Curry Cuisine published by DK Publishing

I read a few books over the holidays that I haven't written reviews for yet. The Devil Will Come by Glenn Cooper and Trust Your Eyes by Linwood Barclay both belong on this list.

That's it. Did you read any of these? Did any of them make your "best of" list? Do you disagree with any of my selections? Do you have recommendations? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. i just finished my list also. I haven't read any on your list! I'll have to add them to my list for 2013. I hope you've had a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!