Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Needlework Tuesday - Knitting, Cleaning, and Fabric

With the exception of keeping up with my sky scarf (only 28 more days to go!!!), I haven't been doing a lot of crafting. I did, however, manage to clean up my craft area a little more. The mess is at least contained.





Before:
Mess
After:
Craft area 1

Craft area 2

I still have some yarn and fabric in tubs, but at least they are mostly sorted and labelled. Last week, I talked about some issues with having my craft area in the basement. There are two things that I didn't even notice until I got everything down there: the light is not that great; and even though the basement is mostly finished it doesn't smell that great either. I'll have to do something about both of these.

I was hoping to start the temperature scarf (idea/design from Bernat) after I finished the sky scarf, but I haven't even starting getting ready for it yet. No planning, no yarn purchased. I better get a move on if I hope to start soon.

And, finally I received some pretty fat quarters from Heather over at Books and Quilts.  Thanks so much, Heather.  I love them!!!  I haven't decided yet what I`m going to make with them, but I'm sure inspiration will hit me at some point.
 
Fat Quarters

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've made great progress. And what a great area for crafting - so much space. Hope you figure out an answer for the lighting and "fragrance" issues. The temperature scarf sounds interesting. I've enjoyed following along on the sky scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!