Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Knit, Knit, Knit

Needlework Tuesday is an occasional post detailing my needlework and/or crafting projects.
 
This week I was concentrating on a few knitting projects: green scarf/hat set for my husband; Christmas placemats and coasters; and temperature scarf.   I took my projects outside to the deck.  The colours represented in the photos are pretty accurate.  ;)

For the scarf/hat set, I finished off the scarf (including weaving in the ends) and started on the hat. I have the ribbing done and am just about to start on the cable section. After knitting the scarf, which seemed never ending, I've decided that I don't really knitting/purling through the back loop. To me, it doesn't make enough of a difference (in this case) and it really slowed down my knitting. Here's a shot of the scarf:

 
If you are an experienced knitter, you might be able to tell that the straight lines between the cables are knit/purl through the back loop (k tbl/p tbl). Since the hat and scarf will most likely be worn together, I'll continue using method for the hat. However, I'd bet that no one would even notice if I just did regular knitting/purling.

The Christmas placemats and coasters are coming along quite nicely. If you remember,  I was hoping to finish them before the next project from the Mary Maxim's Knit Club of the Month shows up in 1.5-2 weeks. I've started the 4th placemat and have completed 2 of the coasters, so I'm slightly ahead of where I had planned to be.  I'm thrilled!  The placemats still need edging on the short sides and blocking, while the coasters will just need blocking. Barring any disasters, I should be able to complete it all before the next project arrives. Here's a shot of the almost-completed placemat and coaster:

 
The last thing I was working on was my second temperature scarf. I didn't take a photo of it, but I'm pretty much up-to-date on it.

That's it for this week.

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts. If you've done any crafting this week, let me know in the comments.   If Heather posts a linky this week, I hope you'll consider linking up so other can enjoy your creations.

1 comment:

  1. Those placemats are adorable! But you know how partial I am to anything Chritmas. And ahead of schedule even. I don't think I've ever finished anything ahead of schedule. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!