Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Needlework Tuesday - Where did the time go?

Needlework Tuesday is an occasional post detailing my needlework and/or crafting projects.

l can't believe how long it's been since I've posted about my knitting. Then again, considering that I've mostly been ignoring this blog this year, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Maybe one day I'll post about what been taking up all my time. For now, here are some of my latest knitting projects.

I'm still receiving projects from the Mary Maxim's Knit Club of the Month. Some of the projects I received over the spring/summer were not really that thrilling and not to my taste at all. However, I couldn't bring myself to cancel my subscription. I kept hoping that the next month would be better. I'm glad I stuck it out, because the last few have been awesome.

The latest one, a wrap, showed up on Friday. It looked like a really easy knit, so I decided to start it right away....and Ta-Da, it's done! Here it is: 

 

The pattern mentions that it's a small wrap and they weren't kidding. If I make this one again, I'd probably add a few more rows to the back to make it a little bigger. I bet I could even cast on a few extra stitches at the beginning and adjust the pattern accordingly to make it a bit wider. I'm getting ahead of myself, though, because although the wrap is small, it still fits okay.    

The other project I just finished (mostly anyway) is a shrug that featured dropped stitches. This worried me quite a bit because I hadn't done them before. I'll do the final unveiling next week, but for now, here's a sneak peek at the piece. The first photo shows the pattern before dropping the stitches; the second, after.



I was foolish enough to think that once the stitches were dropped they would run all the way down to the end or in this case where they were designed to stop. You know, like they do when you are knitting that you don't mean to drop a stitch, but you do, and it runs through several rows before you notice what's happened. Nope. Not here. Not in this case.  Every dropped stitch had to be manually undone. Once you see the whole project (hopefully next week) you'll see why this was sort of a big deal.
 
Finally, I decided to try the project of the week, a wrap/shawl, called Sand Layers, from my local yarn store, Wolseley Wool. I adored the look of the wrap because of the colours, yet when I got to the yarn store (after seeing it online) I picked completely, I mean completely, different colours. I'm having a wee bit of buyer's remorse, but I'm hoping it's going to work out anyway. I hope to start it this week. Here are the colours I chose:



Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts.    If you'd done any crafting this week that you'd like to share with others, please head over to Heather's blog and use the Mr. Linky to link up your post, so others can enjoy your creations.  

2 comments:

  1. The drop stitch project is intriguing. I look forward to the final result.
    I am sure your new shawl will also be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done the knitting on a drop stitch project, but have been to nervous to do the dropping. Guess I should shake a leg and get on it. that piece looks great both way, but it really opens it up after dropping.

    Great colours for your next project. looking forward to seeing it.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!