Monday, April 16, 2007

Dark Room by Andrea Kane

In Dark Room, Morgan Winter witnessed the murder of her parents when she was just a child. As an adult, she comes to learn that the man in prison for their murders was wrongly convicted. The real killer is out there and along with the police and loved ones, Morgan is determined to find him.

Andrea Kane presents a hard-to-put-down suspenseful novel with remarkable and believable characters as well as a crafty story line. She’s included tons of twists and turns to keep the reader guessing until the very end. An all-round solid read. I’d recommend this to mystery lovers.

My one complaint: While the book was a very good read, it wasn’t as suspenseful as I thought the website write-up indicated. I was really looking forward to a page-turning psychological thriller and I don’t think I got that. Maybe it was just me who read too much into it.

I’ll be looking for more of Kane’s work in the future.

[This was a ARE from FirstLook program at HarperCollins.ca].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!