Sunday, September 21, 2008

100 Girls by Adam Gallardo and Todd Demong

In 100 Girls, Sylvia is one strange teenage girl. She's extremely strong, can move like a gymnast and has some weird nightmares. Her parents are beginning to notice that something is wrong and soon she gets in trouble at school. Things really get interesting and heat up when she meets another girl who looks a lot like her.

This is the first graphic novel I've read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The story was likeable enough, but definitely written for a much younger audience. What I loved the most were the illustrations that accompanied the text. They were awesome. A far cry from the simple storyboards that accompanied the "Archie" comics of my childhood. Because I've never been much of a comic book reader, I had a little trouble figuring out which dialogue to read first, but after awhile I got used to it.

Since the book didn't quite conclude and even though I didn't love the story, I still think it would be sort of neat to follow Sylvia's further adventures in subsequent books. I'm curious as to what happens to her next.

Overall, I enjoyed it as a graphic novel. I'd recommend this book for tweens or young teenage girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!