Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Needlework Tuesday - Shrug and Socks

Well, I didn't get as much done on the crafting front this week as I hoped. We are busy planning renovations for two bathrooms (so many decisions to be made) and painting the kitchen. I did manage to finish the shrug, which turned out ok. I really like it and have worn it a number of times already. Here's the photo (Please excuse the paint on my wrist. Did I mention that we were painting the kitchen?):






















I also started on the socks. I'm not sure about them though. The one I started looks like it might be too big, even though the pattern states it'll fit an average size lady. My feet are not small. I'll have to wait and see. I don't have a ton of experience knitting on four needles, so it's taking a little extra time. Also, last week I mentioned that I might have trouble going from the 10mm needles (for the shrug) to the 3.25mm needles (for the socks). Sure enough, I *am* having trouble. I feel like a giant who's been dropped into munchkin-land. It's getting easier as I do it more. Here's what I've done so far:















I haven't done any work on the quilted wrap, however, I discovered that I had some quilt batting. In January, we did a quick across-the-border shopping trip. We didn't find any bathroom fixtures we liked, but we did find out that Lowes was trying to get rid of their leftover Christmas decorations. They had dumped them all in shopping carts and were selling the contents of the carts for 5 bucks. A whole overflowing shopping cart (the home improvement size, not the smaller grocery shopping size) for $5! Because we can't resist a deal, we bought one. They were so packed there was no way we could go through the cart to see what was in there, so we didn't really know what we got until we got home. That's when I discovered I had three packages of "Season's Cover", which looks very much like repackaged-for-the-season quilt batting. Yay!
















One last thing, you should drop in on Heather's blog post this week. She's knitting two socks at once. How cool is that? I can already see how smart this is. Brilliant! Way to go Heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!