Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday Snapshot - Sandbags and Flood

Yep, another flood related photo. Someday soon I should have other photos to share.

As far as the flood goes, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that the river is still mostly surrounding us. The good news is that the water is slowly, very slowly, receding. They (the water management people) are at long last able to drop the levels on the river, so we are getting a little more of our yard back. We are still using the boat to traverse the driveway, though. The other piece of good news is that most of the sandbags in our yard are gone. Yippee!!  Because the water level is dropping, our sandbags were not needed, so they were carted off to help in the flood efforts elsewhere.

This photo shows a few of the remaining ones we kept for filling in some low spots.  By the way, this is not how you build a sandbag dike.  These ones are stacked like this just to get them out of the way. 
















Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books. To participate – post a picture that you've taken (or one taken by a friend, or a family member) then add your link on Alyce’s site using Mr. Linky.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad the worst of it has passed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to all of you affected by the flood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm please to hear things are drying up a little. Take care, great shot by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are okay and that the water is finally receding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear the water levels are dropping. And I'm sure you are thrilled you don't need all those sandbags any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Floods are so destructive. I'm glad the water is receding. Hope that's it for a long, long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sandbags conjure up frightening memories...I once had to evacuate the town in which I lived...in the end, we were okay.

    Hope you are doing all right, and that things will be better soon.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So scary that image. Glad u didn't need them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a scary time for your family! I'm glad the water is receding.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally the end is in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know anything about building a sandbag dike. Just looking at those gives me shivers. Thank goodness this will over soon for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank goodness the water is finally going down.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad the river is finally receding Marie. That's a relief for sure. Now if we could just get some really warm weather to help dry things out foe you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!