Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Needlework Tuesday - Zentangles


One of these days I'm actually going to have to do some needlework for Needlework Tuesday. Until then, though, here are some zentangles I've been playing around with. All but the last one are unfinished, but I figured I'd show them to you anyway. 

You'll notice that they are very basic and mostly just copies of what I saw online.  I haven't done any shading yet because I haven't quite figured out how to do it.  Hopefully, one day I'll be able to make them a little more sophisticated and complicated. 

I'm going to look around the internet for more instructions/tutorials, but I think Heather had the right idea with taking a class.  Unfortunately, there aren't any teachers in my province.

Here are my Zentangles, Betweed, Auraknot, BrixBox and Paradox:




















Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Those are looking wonderful. Shading is really what you like. the darker it is, the further it recedes. Think of the sun shining on a surface and what it would hit. I don't shade all the time, but occasionally it really brings depth to the image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!