Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wreck This Journal - The Guts - Part XI

I'm still working on Keri Smith's Wreck This Journal. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on my journal this week. I thought I might take a break and not post, but at the last minute I found some inspiration.

Two things I wanted to mention: First, I'm limiting my photos to three a week (plus the book cover). The photo files are quite large and take some time to upload. I made the decision in the beginning to set a limit, so it wouldn't take all that long to complete the post; I'd rather be reading or working on the journal. Second, I want to thank my husband for holding the book open while I take numerous photos of each page. Those are his fingers you see in each shot. He has more patience than me.

Here's my update for week 11 of my journal wrecking adventure:


















Doodle Over Top of the Title Page: I dug out a set of markers I had stashed away and used those along with a straight edge. I had tons of fun doing this one.













Drip Something Here. Close the Book to Make a Print:I purposely picked colours from one colour family (red/pink). The beige is actually "peach". I like the effect, but now I wish I had included some blue or yellow. Anyway, it's done.



















Doodle Over Top of the Warning/Acknowledgements Page: Ok. So I made this one up. All of the other pages had instructions for them, so I figured I'd wreck this one too. Anyway, I tried my hand at "Newspaper Blackout" poems (as per Austin Kleon's book Newspaper Blackout, here's my review ). It was hard, but fun. It's a little hard to read, but my "poem" says:
WARNING: Dirty foreign substances in you may begin to embrace your thoughts. Believe me. I charmed the world.

I have no idea what it means. However, I now have a headache from the fumes from the black marker. *sigh*

Links to other updates: The Beginning, Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V, Part VI, Part VII, Part VIII, Part IX, Part X.

Hopefully, I'll see you next Sunday for another update.

6 comments:

  1. these three pages are all awesome./

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love, LOVE what you did to the title page! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 'Wreck this Journal', I got it about a year ago, and got straight in on a couple of pages but I rushed it and now I think they look awful. If I had another one I would carry on because I'm such a perfectionist, even in WRECKING things! *sigh* I need help! Definately need to start wrecking again :-) Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!