Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Good Intentions

I had planned to post this last week, but I don't know what happened. I had taken the photos, but never got around to writing the post. It's not like I write much anyway, but it didn't get done. When Tuesday came and went, I decided to post on Wednesday. Well....when it wasn't posted by Friday, I decided to give up for the week and try again this week. Did I work on the post on the weekend? No. Monday? No. So here I am late afternoon and I'm just getting around to it.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I posted my review of this awesome crochet book, Crochet: The Complete Step-by-Step Guide by DK Publishing. It huge and filled with gorgeous patterns. So far I've only made two washcloths, but I plan to try at least a few of the other patterns. I didn't have the right size hook, so they came out too tight.  Perhaps that's why they refuse to lay flat.  Regardless, they'll be ok. I lost a stitch or two when changing colours, but managed (I think) to correct that on the second one (the one behind). I'm not sure why I didn't put that one on top. It really turned out much better. Here are the washcloths:

 
I still have to weave in some ends.

I've also been working on my temperature scarf. I'm almost convinced that we in southern Manitoba might never see spring this year. It's definitely warming up, but still below normal or historical averages. Anyway, the scarf is update-to-date as of end of March (more or less). As a reminder, the light green (sorry, the colour is off and looks yellow in the photo) is just above 0C. Here are the latest rows on that:



I think that's it for this week.  The temperture scarf won't be complete until the last day of spring (June 20?).  So, I still have a bit to go with that.   Once it's done, I'll unveil the whole thing. 

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts. If you've done any crafting this week, I hope you'll consider linking up so other can enjoy your creations.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Love your washcloths, very pretty colors. Your scarf is getting bigger. Hoping it will warm up soon. Winter seems to want to stay longer. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Marie. YOur wash clothes look good. Adding the outside edging finishes them nicely.

    My temperature scarf used a lot of blues in the past month. It is looking like I'll be moving into the greens for much of this month . yippee.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!