Friday, April 11, 2014

Tangled Thursday - On Friday

Tangled Thursday is a new occasional post on this blog. Heather at Books and Quilts is hosting these challenges in which we share our latest Zentangle inspired creations.

I'm sorry that this is a day late. I had completed my creations a few days ago, but I completely lost track of the week. Anyway, better late than never, right?

This week Heather suggested we tackle Easter. The first one I did features eggs. I had hoped they look a little more like pysanky, but I didn't choose the right designs. I think the one in front comes the closest. The design on the one in the back is completely screwed up. It was supposed to be look like weaving. The middle one is a "navajo" pattern, which was doomed from the start. I love the pattern, but it doesn't belong on pysanky. ;) Despite it's flaws, I like this tile.



The second tile features a cross.  I don't think I need to explain further.



Sorry, I didn't keep track of the tangles I used.  If I look them up now, this post is going to be even later.   If you are really interested, ask me and I'll figure it out for you. 

Be sure to check out the other "Easter" creations on Books and Quilts.   If you'd like to join us, please do so by linking your post to the Mr. Linky on Heather's post.  

2 comments:

  1. the eggs are great regardless if whether they turned out as you had intended. I didn't think to draw in the background of the cross. this is what I love about these challenges, we start with the same information and then we each go off in our own directions.
    Thanks for linking up with Tangled Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eggs are lovely - and I don't even know what pysanky is. :)

    I love the little details of stippling in your cross. It makes a unique design.

    And don't worry about being a day late - I was nearly a week late.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!