Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Needlework Tuesday - From head to toe

Needlework Tuesday is an occasional post detailing my needlework and/or crafting projects.

This week I worked on two knitting projects. Last week, I showed the beginnings of a beanie or light toque I was knitting for myself. I finished that, but I'm not really thrilled with it. I could explain further, but I'd rather just show "the good side" and be done.
 
I'm currently working on the matching scarf and I don't like it any better. Moving on....

The other project I worked on was the felted slippers from the Mary Maxim's Knit Club of the Month. I'm really surprised at how quickly they worked up. A quick knitter could probably make them in a couple of hours. It took me a bit longer than that, but I made a mistake and had to rip back quite a bit. I felted them this afternoon (twice through the washing machine with detergent and hot water) and I'm quite pleased with them.  Here are the photos of one slipper: 

Before felting

After felting
 
It's like magic!!!!  The length is perfect for my feet, but they are still a bit too wide.  However, I didn't want to chance one more time through the wash.  Oh, well.  The slippers are still air drying and I'm wondering if that'll make them shrink a bit more.  Once that's done, I'll sew on the purely-decorative straps and buttons and model them next week.

Sorry for the glare.  That's the overhead light reflecting off the kitchen counter.  I was too lazy to retake them.

That's it for this week. I'm going to be looking for a larger project or several smaller projects to do in the next week or two. I wish I could do something else in front of the TV, but for me knitting is the best.

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts.   If you've done any crafting this week, please head over to Heather's blog and use the Mr. Linky to link up your post, so other can enjoy your creations.

2 comments:

  1. I love these slippers! I have been making slippers this week also - hopefully that will be next week's post. I made myself a pair similar to these, but made from chenille yarn. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the hat. the colours are so pretty. love the before and after photo of the slipper. I'll assume there are two... It's been ages since I did any felting, though I'll agree that it was like magic.

    thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!