Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Needlework Tuesday - New Year, Same Old Projects

Needlework Tuesday is an occasional post detailing my needlework and/or crafting projects.

I wasn't going to post today, but I figured that wasn't a good way to start off the new year. This will be a short post about the two projects I've been working on.

First off, the baby blanket. I think it's going well and is about 2/3 done. The pattern is getting a little boring, so I can't wait for this one to be done already. One good thing is that I'm getting way better at picking up stitches. A skill that will no doubt come in handy in the future.


Second, the toque made with sock yarn. It, too, is going well and is probably a little more than 2/3 done. I'm still having a little trouble with stitches falling off the needles, but it's not too bad. I think I'll start the fingerless mitts next, but I'm not sure.



Well, that's it. I told you it would be short. No sign yet of the next project from the Mary Maxim's Knit Club of the Month, but it should definitely be here this week or early next week.

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts.    If you'd done any crafting this week that you'd like to share with others, please head over to Heather's blog and use the Mr. Linky to link up your post, so others can enjoy your creations.  

3 comments:

  1. Wooden needles hold the stitches for sock yarn better then plastic or steel. Try bamboo, I think it might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like picking up stitches either until I did a project that had me picking up what seemed like a thousand stitches I still have a scarf to finished that really does need me to pick up 2000 stitches. One of these days I'll brave it.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby blanket is gorgeous! I can see how the pattern would get old after a while, but the results are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!