Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Needlework Tuesday - New projects

Needlework Tuesday is an occasional post detailing my needlework and/or crafting projects.

Wow. I've really gotten out of the habit of posting on this blog. I had a post mostly written for last week, but never got around to posting it. Since then I've put most of my projects aside to tackle a new one (more about that in a minute). Once this new project is more underway, I'll get back to some on-hold projects and post about them at that time.

So, the newest project I started is a mystery Knit-A-Long (KAL) for Joji Mystery Wrap. My local yarn store and other sources were promoting it quite a bit and that peaked my interest. Joji (pronounced Hohee, I believe) has given us a few indications about what we are knitting, it's a large wrap, but other details are being kept under wraps. ;) Each week she sends out a clue, which has instructions on how to proceed.

I don't like time constraints that much, but with this one I'm determined to keep up with the weekly clues. So far Clue 1 has been sent out and I'm just about done. The next clue should arrive late Thursday or early Friday.

I had purchased some yarn for the project, but at the last minute I decided to go a different route and use some yarn from my stash.  My choices don't exactly follow Joji's suggestions for yarn colour, but I'm going with it anyway. I can show you the yarn I've chosen, but I'd prefer to keep the knitting part a secret until the end...well, at least for a bit longer. I don't want to give anything away for my fellow KALers. Here are my colours:


If nothing else, the wrap will be colourful.  ;)

Just before I started the KAL, the next project from the Mary Maxim's Knit Club of the Month showed up in the mail. While I don't love this one either (I'm starting to sound like a broken record), I decided it was time to tackle one of these. The pattern for this throw (or what I'd call an afghan) is 16 rows and is pretty simple. The repeating fan pattern has only one tricky bit every few rows. I especially like that the WS rows are all just working the stitches as presented. Perfect for TV knitting. Hopefully, before it's done I'll have memorized the pattern. Here's the project and what I've done so far:




This week I'm going to be concentrating on the KAL. If I find time or finish early, I'll take a look at one of my other projects.

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts.    If you'd done any crafting this week that you'd like to share with others, please head over to Heather's blog and use the Mr. Linky to link up your post, so others can enjoy your creations.  

2 comments:

  1. I know some people dislike Mystery KAL's because they have to know what they are knitting. However, I love them. I have only had one pattern that disappointed me. Enjoy.
    Meanwhile, your Fan Throw is coming beautifully. I am sure it will have no problems finding a home when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't recall that I've done a mystery knit along. I have done a crochet afghan with squares which turned out lovely.

    The fan pattern is looking good and the colour shows it off real well.

    Thanks for linking up with Needlework Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!