Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Needlework Tuesday - Done!



My dark rose sweater is finally done! Yay! Well, almost anyway. I still have to weave in some ends, but otherwise it's done. Overall, I'm happy with it. However, it is a bit too big and the sleeves are a little too long. Also, I wish it would nip in a little at the waist because you can't tell from it here, but I do have a waist. I probably could have gotten away with a smaller size. It's going to be even bigger on me if I continue to eat properly and exercise more, like I have been. Oh, well. It's impossible to plan for these things.




I didn't know if I was going to like the collar.  I was thinking it was going to stick up and be stiff and with my short pudgy neck I thought it might bother me.   However, it's sticks up, yet remains really soft...I love it.  The front closes all the way to the top of the collar (if I want) and looks good done up. 

Here's a close-up of the pretty buttons:



There is an optional embellishment for this sweater.  It's sort of like an epaulet, but at the waist, just at the top of the ribbing, one on each side.  They are to be fastened to the sweater with matching buttons.  I haven't added them (yet) and I don't know if I'm going to.  They are a little weird and look sort of like handles.  Love handles? ;)   If I have time, I'll post a photo next week. 

All week, I thought about starting another project.  However, I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do.  After reading Tami's post this morning, though, I decided to pull out my knitting looms and do something on one of those. I have a cool square one that been sitting unused for several years.  It's time to put it to use.  I'm going to start with a simple ribbed scarf just to get used to it. We'll see how that goes. Wish me luck.

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts. If you've done any crafting this week, I hope you'll consider linking up so other can enjoy your creations.

2 comments:

  1. HI Marie,
    your sweater is gorgeous and the perfect colour for you. Great job . Good choice of buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweater! The color is beautiful - and very complimentary on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!