Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Cat Who Had 14 Tales by Lilian Jackson Braun

The Cat Who Had 14 Tales is a nice collection of cat tales from the mistress of cozy cat mysteries, Lilian Jackson Braun. The stories are varied and short enough that several can be enjoyed in one sitting.

I'm a huge fan of "The Cat Who..." series. I love Jim, Koko and Yum Yum. This book is a little different because it doesn't feature these characters. It's still really good, though. Because I generally enjoy short stories, I had a blast with this one. I don't remember if I had any favourites (I read it awhile ago and am now just writing a short review), but I'm sure there were some I liked more than others.

While I enjoyed each story, my least favourites were the three in the middle of the book that were part of the “Oral History Project” of Gattville Community College. I didn’t like the interview-type style in which there were written. I might have liked them better had they been separated and place throughout the book rather than lumped together in the middle.

Recommended for fans of the series. Others might like it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!