Thursday, June 12, 2014

Tangled Thursday - My Favourite

Tangled Thursday is a new occasional post on this blog. Heather at Books and Quilts is hosting these challenges in which we share our latest Zentangle inspired creations.

This week Heather suggested we create our favourite Zentangle pattern, with some variations if possible, and present the pattern on a tile. We were also to explain why we like the patter and why we chose it.

I had a little trouble picking a pattern to work with because I have quite a few favourites. However, after thumbing through my tiles and Zentangle pattern examples one jumped out at me. Auraknot. I chose it because it was the first pattern that drew me into the Zentangle world. It was also the first pattern I drew. I also really like the repeating lines. I find that I really have to concentrate to get the pattern correct, especially when I'm doing one of the variations.

Here are my creations this week:
Auraknot with Ribbon

Auraknot variation - skip 2

Auraknot with "triangle" added after a few rows.

Auraknot on tile with Well and Tipple patterns.


Be sure to check out the other favourites on Books and Quilts.   If you'd like to join us, please do so by linking your post to the Mr. Linky on Heather's post.  

4 comments:

  1. This is a pattern I haven't used much -- not sure why. Your tangles are so pretty - and that pattern gives such depth - I'm going to have to work on it.

    I especially like the last one - the background is one of my favorite patterns, although I can't remember what it's called.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tami. For some reason, I didn't get notified of your comment. Weird. Anyway, the background on the tile is called Well. It's my own variation and doesn't really look like the original pattern.

      Delete
  2. Great job Marie. I tend to make mistakes with this one,but I certainly like how it looks. The shading makes a big difference in creating the 3D effect. Love the second last one with the tipple in the centres.

    thanks for linking up with Tangled Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look so cool!! Wonderful!!

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2014/06/favorite-tangle-entry-tangled-thursday/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!