Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wreck This Journal - The Guts - Part VI

For the past several weeks, I’ve been wrecking my journal. Cindy from Cindy's Love of Books had also purchased the journal (Wreck This Journal) and invited others to join her in posting about their adventures. Her original post about the book can be found here.

Despite having a crappy week (see here) I got some work done on my journal. Here's my update for week 6 of my journal wrecking adventure:
























Infuse this page with the smell of your choosing:When I first looked at this page, I thought, “Hmmm...smell? That’s so visual. Not!”. So I tried to find something that was visual and smelly. So here we have a Bounce dryer sheet with some thinned down paint dripped onto it.



















It’s also interactive. Viewer can open the leaves (folded bits) to reveal the message.















A place for grocery lists:My grocery lists are mostly scribbled on the back of used envelopes. Here are a few I rescued from the recycle bin.
















Write One Word Over and Over: I’m done with this one for now. I might go back and put in more “words”, but I’m happy with it as it is.




















Trace Your Hands:I’m also done with this one. I like it.

I also worked on Collect Your Pocket Lint, Glue it Here, but I changed it to dryer lint. Collecting pocket lint would take way, way too long. I’ll have a photo next week, I hope.

Links to other updates: The Beginning, Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V.

Last week, Heather of Book and Quilts announced that her daughter Shann was also working on this book. Here’s Heather’s post and Shann’s post.

MacBook update: I’m getting there. Part of the problem is that I haven’t hooked up my Wacom Tablet or ergonomic keyboard yet. The small touch pad thingy (technical term) is neat but not practical for everything I do. Also, when I was doing this post and copying the text from Pages (Apple's Word processing software), I was getting some pretty strange results; it took forever to fix. Anyway, I'm frustrated, but it's done.

See you next Sunday for another update.

3 comments:

  1. Great work on your journal. I am so behind in this. Hoping to get my review up this week for the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking great, love that word. Shannon has a birthday party coming up and she is giving a copy of the journal to her friend along with items she can use to 'wreck' it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys. After I posted this, I realized that two of the pages were the same ones I posted about last week. There was more done to them, but this post didn't have much new stuff. Hopefully, next week I'll have some new pages.

    Heather, I fixed the links to your posts as well as Shann's. Sorry about that. The Mac copy added some additional characters that made them inoperable. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!