Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wreck This Journal - The Guts - Part XIV

It's that time again to bring you up-to-date on my adventure with Keri Smith's Wreck This Journal. This week was a little busy with appointments and painting, but I still managed to work on a few pages.

Here's my update for week 14 of my journal wrecking adventure:



















A Place for Your Grocery Lists: This page was a work in progress. I usually make my grocery lists on scrap paper or on the back of a used envelope. I trimmed a few of them to fit on the page. I basically just added a few more lists that had accumulated and wrote another list around the edge of the pages.














Create a drawing using a piece (or several pieces) of your hair: When we were kids, we used to dip a piece of string in paint, lay it out on a piece of paper, fold over the paper (or put another piece of paper on top), place one hand over the paper and pull out the string to create a print. When I first saw this page, I was going to use several pieces of my hair in place of the string. Then six weeks ago, I got my hair cut short. I still loved the idea, but I no longer had the hair to do it. So, I cheated. I substituted a piece of string for the hair and used primary colours to reflect the childhood aspect of the project.

















Bring This book into the Shower with You: I wasn't going to totally destroy all of the work I did in this book by exposing it to water. So I enclosed it in a Ziploc bag to protect it. It stayed nice and dry while I had a shower. [Note: This is not a paid announcement for Ziploc. ;) ]

As you can see in the last photo, I added a few more stickers to the cover.

Links to other updates: The Beginning, Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V, Part VI, Part VII, Part VIII, Part IX, Part X, Part XI, Part XII, Part XIII.

I should be back next Sunday for another update.

7 comments:

  1. You are having such fun with this book! I'd heard of it but wasn't really sure about it. But it does sound really nice!

    I like the painting with your "hair"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having fun. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is at camp this week, I wonder if she took her journal. If she did, it will really be wrecked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! It makes me want to color outside the lines too and see what happens. :) Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather, it'll be fun to see what it looks like if she did take it. I hope it's wrecked and not totally destroyed.

    Hi Samantha, Funny you should mention "colouring outside the lines" because that's the title of the page I was working on yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I like that you're documenting this! I've been curious about this book for some time. Great way to get the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bronwyn. It's been fun. I have a couple of Smith's other books that I'm going to try next. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!